Which Ruida Controller Solenoids and Stuff

Home Forums Software LightBurn Ruida (DSP) Specific Which Ruida Controller Solenoids and Stuff

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LightBurn 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

WillyInAus
    Participant

I currently run a AWC 708c controller, but am thinking of moving to a Ruida Controller as soon as Rotary becomes available.

I currently run a single head 900×600 80w Clone but I am unsure what controller would be best there is a few Ruida Controllers from what I can see there are a few versions.

I also run air assist via a Solenoid and would like to run the Exhaust fan as well via a Relay does the Ruida allow this, is there a difference between controllers does this work with LB.

LightBurn
    Participant

The 6334G, 6442G or 6442S are the current “workhorse” versions and should easily meet your needs.

LightBurn does have support for the air assist solenoid switch on the Ruida controller. There are 4 additional I/O ports on the Ruida that can be enabled/disabled with each cut layer. We don’t have those connected to code yet, but it would be relatively straightforward to add them.

The manual for the controller is here, and page 7 has a good comparison between the available models:
    http://en.rd-acs.com/Private/Files/a4d9f12fe9e32eb7.pdf

Rotary support in LightBurn is started, and roughly 30% complete.

WillyInAus
    Participant

LightBurn said
    The 6334G, 6442G or 6442S are the current “workhorse” versions and should easily meet your needs.

LightBurn does have support for the air assist solenoid switch on the Ruida controller. There are 4 additional I/O ports on the Ruida that can be enabled/disabled with each cut layer. We don’t have those connected to code yet, but it would be relatively straightforward to add them.

The manual for the controller is here, and page 7 has a good comparison between the available models:
    http://en.rd-acs.com/Private/Files/a4d9f12fe9e32eb7.pdf

Rotary support in LightBurn is started, and roughly 30% complete.  

Awesome thanks, LB much appreciated.

LightBurn
    Participant

We’ve also started on AWC708C support, but that will likely take more time than the rotary. We’ve done some preliminary traffic captures, and it looks like it should be relatively straightforward to support, barring surprises.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Ruida (DSP) Specific’ is closed to new topics and replies.