When will be available stable version? Or already it is?

Home Forums Software LightBurn Lightburn Software Releases When will be available stable version? Or already it is?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LightBurn 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

LaserLarry Admin
    Keymaster

Hi bialy100k, welcome to the forums.

Before I answer your question, please make sure you have read my statement here:
    https://www.everythinglasers.com/?page_id=18/general-software-discussion/lightburn-software-for-grbl-and-rudia-controlled-lasers

All software is constantly evolving. The more users and feedback, the better the software becomes.

LightBurn has a lot of features that RDworks does not have and vice versa. It all depends on what you want from your software and how you use it.

I have a purchased version for the Rudia controller and since the update to correct the USB communication issues, it has been stable and all I have been using lately.

Just my 2 cents.

LightBurn
    Participant

Ruida comms have been stable since about version 5.06. We’re actually on 5.13 right now, and 5.14 (or possibly 6.00) will be out reasonably soon. The new versions are generally to fix bugs that people find, and add new features.

I would not call the software ‘unstable’ – yes, it changes quickly, but overall I feel it has been reasonably smooth. We aren’t removing old things and replacing them with new ones, we’re simply adding new features as we go. For example, 2 weeks ago there was no kerf compensation or reverse interval offset, and now there is. In the next version we will introduce our material library and a dithering mode made for high DPI. The version after that should have rotary support.

If you are coming from RDWorks, the difference will not be as large as if you are coming from open source tools like LaserWeb. If there is something specific you are waiting for, we have recently added the ability to extend trial periods individually, and we’re happy to do this if you want to wait a while and then try it again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Lightburn Software Releases’ is closed to new topics and replies.