Welcome!

Home Forums Software LightBurn Welcome!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  LightBurn 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

LightBurn
    Participant

This is a relatively new forum, but we’re hoping it’ll grow into a decent support system for LightBurn users. Post general questions in here, or Ruida / GCode specific questions in the two sub-forums. If you’re not sure where your topic belongs, start here.

LaserLarry Admin
    Keymaster

Cohesion3D said
    FIRST! 🙂

(Second?) 🙁  

You will always be first in my book! kiss

WillyInAus
    Participant

Does that make me third?
    Good move to get in on a forum.

LaserLarry Admin
    Keymaster

WillyInAus said
    Does that make me third?
    Good move to get in on a forum.  

Everyone is number 1 on this forum!

Welcome to the forum.

JohnP
    Participant

Will there be a thread for questions or additions to the FAQ?

my burning example (smile): How do I use the edit node tool in 5.13 to add nodes to a shape (i.e., to turn a square into a pentagram) or remove a node (turn a square into a triangle)?

Answers might want to include a version id to indicate when a feature was introduced, at least while things are improving so quickly.
    (oh, and it might be a good idea to put the version ID somewhere in the UI – maybe an “about lightburn” window or on the licensing popup…)

LightBurn
    Participant

My guess is that you’re on a Mac, as Windows versions have the version number on the title bar of the application. In all versions, there is a “Help and Notes” entry in the help menu, and that contains an about tab with the version number and build date.

The node editing still needs a decent amount of work. You can’t currently insert nodes, though you can (with limits) delete them by hovering over a node and hitting ‘d’. I might make that ‘delete’ just to be consistent with the rest of the app.

You can feel free to ask questions anywhere – were you unable to add a reply to the FAQ?

JohnP
    Participant

Yup, I’m on a mac.

A workaround for not having add-node capability is to make a shape with the line tool, with as many nodes as needed, and adjust the nodes individually.

RFE: Allow one to select multiple nodes so they can be moved together, and have a x,y box for a selected node that lets me type in the exact coordinates…

RFE: When welding shapes, add the ability to Add/Subtract/Union/…

I didn’t add to the FAQ because I wasn’t sure if you wanted to keep the thread for “official” FAQs, bolstered by the fact that I’m a bit literal, so my having *a* question doesn’t really promote it to *frequently* 🙂

Thanks!

LightBurn
    Participant

Your RFE’s should be added here: https://lightburn.fider.io/
    That list gets reviewed regularly, and we update it when features are being worked on.

The multiple-select for nodes is in there, and the add/sub/union is on our internal list. Add is technically what weld is, but we want subtract, intersection, and difference as well.

Another work-around for the missing ability to add nodes is to use the line tool as is – It will snap to existing vertices, so if your existing shape isn’t closed, this works (you can remove an edge by hovering over it and hitting ‘d’). Then you’d use the ‘Auto-Join’ (Alt-J) to connect them into a single shape. Not ideal, but workable for the moment.

SuperDave
    Participant

Hello I’m Dave and I LOVE burning things with highly focussed photons.

I had a K40 and I bought a scrapped Universal Laser Systems M300 RF-CO2 for $400, gutted it’s computer and RF tube and power supply out, transplanted my K40 stuff into it. Taking advantage of the awesome motion gantry and Mirrors/lens it has.

Getting ready to try out this LightBurn software next.

LightBurn
    Participant

You’re the Dave from the G+ post then? Apologies for the drama with Claudio. Not sure why he feels threatened when their software is free.

I’d love to get my hands on a ULS to play with – they’re pretty sweet systems.

So did you put the K40 tube in, in place of the RF tube?

LaserLarry Admin
    Keymaster

LightBurn said
    Apologies for the drama with Claudio. Not sure why he feels threatened when their software is free.

If you notice, the forum section for their software is locked because they did not want people to discuss their project where they did not have total control. That is one reason why I “really” started this forum. I want people to be able to speak freely and without fear of repercussions because of their opinions.

LightBurn
    Participant

I noticed the lock, but thought it was because I wasn’t allowed to admin their section (which would make sense). We have a close FB group, but only to keep spam down – I admit everyone with almost no review whatsoever. I’m ok with dissent, too – I can’t expect everyone to love LightBurn, and if they don’t, I’d like to hear why so we can improve it.

Essal Holmelund
    Participant

Great idea with this forum for Ligtburn.
    Do you prefer us users to write in here for the future? Or is Facebook still ok?

LightBurn
    Participant

Both will be supported for a while, but this is likely going to be easier to manage going forward.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘LightBurn’ is closed to new topics and replies.