Marlin and air assist.

Home Forums Software LightBurn Marlin and air assist.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kd6hq 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kd6hq
    Participant

I am using a converted 3D printer for my laser. In this case I am using a RAMPS 1.4 board with Marlin firmware.
    This means that I am using M106 and M107 to control fans. In addition to the RAMPS board I have a fan extension board.
    This board can control 2 additional fans using the M106 command and the P parameter so M106 P1 S128 sets the
    fan connected to P1 at 50%. So for air assist I would like to use this option to provide air assist.

Perhaps a setting, in the Device Setting window. could be added for commands added at the beginning and ending of the gcode.

LightBurn
    Participant

We do have a plan to add “user switches” at the very least. We could support a power level for them as well, if appropriate.

kd6hq
    Participant

chippackage You did not say what controller board you are using. In case it’s the RAMPS 1.4 you can get the fan extension board here : http://www.geeetech.com/reprap-ramps14-rrd-fan-extender-p-683.html
    It will take a little while but at least they have it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘LightBurn’ is closed to new topics and replies.