Forum set-up

Home Forums Software LightBurn Forum set-up

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rico 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Silver60
    Participant

Finally managed to get over to here. :-O

Just a thought and observation.

I see we have specifics for Ruida and GCode topics.

Can you set up specific areas of the forum for specific subjects?

Just thought it would be better to start off with rather than have so many questions on the open forum part and having the same difficulty in finding subjects.

Such as
    Lightburn Documentation.. Links to Git hub and any questions can be asked.(Also help other users find their own answers) This would be a “how to section”

Lightburn user interface – anything specific to the UI and desktop issue.

Lightburn latest software release – with up-dates of software and any improvements.

That’s my starter for 10, not sure what anyone else thinks but I know from my forum experience that it will need to be broken down further or there would be no point in coming over here from FB. everyone will still need to search for info.

Anyone else think it needs adding or changing?

“Growing pains”

Oh, one for Larry, why do we have to have “adding numbers” in maths required just for a thread post?. 🙁 see pic.

LightBurn
    Participant

Yes, I can add topics easily, and these are good suggestions. The thought was I’d start with these and add others & move posts into them as topic groups emerged. The “LightBurn general” topic was intended for anything not specific to a controller.

I suspect the maths question is to prevent spambots.

Silver60
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, look forward to the the development,

I understand the need for spambots but this is a membership forum and the protection is at the first level and preventing them from entering or joining.

You have to be a be a member to post so I believe the maths required is total overkill and pointless.

LaserLarry Admin
    Keymaster

Silver60, welcome to the forum.

I appreciate your feedback and will look into the math issue. It is the first I have heard of it. It could be from an update so I will see where the configuration is hiding. The actual forum is powered by WordPress so it could also come from that side too.

Please be patient but keep the feedback coming. I hope to make this a place people enjoy returning to.

Silver60
    Participant

Than

LaserLarry Admin said
    Silver60, welcome to the forum.

I appreciate your feedback and will look into the math issue. It is the first I have heard of it.

Thanks for the reply Larry,

I will look out where to feedback on this forum rather than bogging LB issues down with that.

Look forward to contributing and learning as the forum develops.

Rico
    Participant

Silver60 said
    Just thought it would be better to start off with rather than have so many questions on the open forum part and having the same difficulty in finding subjects.

Such as
    Lightburn Documentation.. Links to Git hub and any questions can be asked.(Also help other users find their own answers) This would be a “how to section”

Lightburn user interface – anything specific to the UI and desktop issue.

Lightburn latest software release – with up-dates of software and any improvements.

Thanks Silver60, Larry and of course Lightburn , I’d like to see:

Lightburn – How Tos… – User experiences using LightBurn to create stuff. Basically, a place to answer the question, ‘How did you do that? Folks could post pix, examples and descriptions/settings to accomplish, etc.

Lightburn currently supported hardware – maybe these are subs under /GCode Specific and /Ruida (DSP) Specific

LightBurn
    Participant

Currently supported hardware is generally listed on the website for the two options, but it’s not a ‘comprehensive’ list, mostly because we have no idea what’s in every piece of laser hardware out there. Half of them go to great lengths to hide that from you.

A list of machines we know are supported could be a good addition here. I think a “Show and Tell” section would be good too – basically your “How To’s” idea, but with a different name.

Rico
    Participant

A rose by any other name…Sweet!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘LightBurn’ is closed to new topics and replies.